Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A change

Well, it's official--I'm no longer a hair VIRGIN! I have been wanting a change for such a long time and David finally gave me the push I needed to DYE MY HAIR! Granted, it's not a HUGE difference but I love it and in the sunlight it does look pretty shnazzie if I don't say so myself. I got a cut and 2 colors at the Paul Mitchel School of Hair. I know what you're thinking: You did WHAT? And the answer is YES! I went there...and you want to know something else? I loved IT! So many people from the complex get their hair done all the time from the school and always tell me how great and cheap it is, so I broke down and did it. It was very terrifying since all I kept thinking about was when my mom once went to a hair school and they ruined her hair. All I can say is that I'm glad that at least the certified lead hair guy cut my bangs and not the girl who cut my hair, who kept saying every few minutes, "Man, I really need to buy new scissors. These ones are the worst and are SO dul!" I concentrated all my efforts on thinking happy thoughts and not moving an INCH, in fear that these not-so-sharp scissors would manage to cut just fine and my hair who end up in a huge 80's-style bombshell. Anyhow, point is, they did a good job and I will be going back there from now on (that is unless they manage to ruin my hair sometime). I mean you can't beat a $6 haircut: trust me, I go to all the cheap places and they're all now like $12.
Oh and my computer is all messed up so I guess you'll have to wait on those pics! :) Sorry

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Can't wait to see pictures. I still have never been bold enough to dye my hair.

Sara said...

I'm glad yours turned out better than mine! Hurry and fix your computer so we can see pics.

Melissa said...

What? Nice to let me know! I can't wait for February to get my hair knocked up too! ;)

Dave to Claire said...

Sorry Meliss! It was supposed to be a surprise for Saturday but then I wanted soemthing new to blog about! It's fun. I want to go much more drastic next time!

ANNwithanE said...

c-l-a-i-r-e
i've been contemplating losing my hair virginity recently...and your post has made me decide to take the plunge! i think paul mitchell was a good choice. it was my favorite place to go to in provo. it may take HOURS (once it took 2 hours for a girls just to cut - yes, cut - my pin straight hair), but i'm sold. it's the cheapest and it turns out pretty close to what you want. at least, in my experience. boy, am i excited to see pictures!

ps - six flags?! i would LOVE to join you. sorry i'm so slow at replying...apparently, we have the same on-line communicative disorder :) just let me know when. hopefully my work schedule will agree. if not, i'm planning on coming up for katie's wedding in january. i'm thinking that's a good excuse to see all my provo loves. hope to see you soon, because i miss you.

Dave to Claire said...

Anne-
You should totatlly do it! It's really fun and I finally realized that if I dont like it, I have 2 options: 1)QUICKLY dye it back before anyone sees me, 2)let it fade. But i was totally happy I did it. The only problem now is that I may get hooked if I"m not TOO careful! :)
Claire

The Romney Family said...

I can't believe it! After all these years, WOW. Big step for you! haha I'm so proud of you. Glad it turned out well and wasn't some horrible disaster like I've had or traumatizing experience for you like Ashley in Australia... haha Speaking of which, I'm still mad you didn't do it with me there. Red was freakin awesome. I'm dying to do that again. (ha ha Get it? Dying? Dyeing? ha)

The Romney Family said...

P.S. So did you do it BEFORE I saw you on Tuesday or after? You said it doesn't look too different, and the lighting is a bit dim in there, plus you had your hair partly up, but still, I can't imagine that I wouldn't notice YOUR hair being even just a slightly different color...

Dave to Claire said...

Amy-
Sorry I didnt invite you to the hair-dying party but I didnt think you would want to watch them take 3.5 hours to do it (literally)! Yeah, I did it before you saw me and you didn't say anything so I realized that you really cant tell much of a differnce but I still like it. I was surprised that you didnt at least notice that I cut off 5 inches and got side-bangs though. We really dont see eachother often enough!