Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Festival of Colors

David and I and our friends from Salt Lake went to the Festival of Colors on Saturday at some Hindu Temple in Spanish Fork. I've been meaning to go for years but never really got around to going for some reason. Apparently it's a pretty popular event because we left like an hour and fifteen minutes early and ended up getting there 30 minutes late. And let me just remind you that Spanish Fork is literally the next town over! We saw a ton of people walking so we decided to abandon ship and walk too. What we didn't realize is that when we left our car we were still like MILES away from the temple. Oh well, I guess we got our exercise in.
When we finally arrived at the temple, we saw tons of colors being thrown everywhere and on everyone. It was so fun. David and I were determined to get colored as much as possible. We quickly got in line to purchase our own bags of pretty colors but right before we got to the front the lady announced "We're out of colors. Now leave!" Sad day. If we would have walked literally 5 minutes faster we could have been apart of the cool crowd with colors. I'm telling you, David is horribly unlucky! If I would have went by myself I would have been early and never had to deal with traffic. Every since we got married, he's been sucking the luck right outta me. I used to be one of the luckiest people ever. :(


We did end up getting as much color as we had hoped on us though. We just got in the crowd and everyone started throwing the "stuff" up in the air at once. If I had asthma, I would have died. We were breathing that stuff into our lungs like crazy and it made us cough so badly. What people won't do for "culture." Hey, it's hard to come by in Utah, especially Utah county. All and all it was a fabulous way to spend Saturday.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun. I had never heard of that when we lived there.

Sara said...

I passed that temple every day on the way to work and always wondered what went on there. I guess I know now!

Cindy said...

Haha, I saw pictures of my friends on facebook with colors all over themselves like that, now I know what it was from. That sounds awesome! Miss you!!!

Olivia Carter said...

Oooo! I so wanted to go to that! I've never been but I didn't know how kiddo friendly it was so I passed this year. Maybe next?

I am considering getting some Holi colors & going to a park with friends for my birthday. That would be a blast!

The Romney Family said...

Soooooo creepy! haha Looks like tons of fun, though. But you really need to learn how to rotate your pictures before posting them. Good thing I have a laptop, not a desktop computer, so I can turn it sideways to see the pic! haha Uh oh, gotta run--Conference is starting!

The Mo You Know said...

Maybe you're just too lucky because you married David and now the cosmos are trying to even the luck out. It's a pretty good possibility.