Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3 months later




I finally finished those dang bumper pads that I started 3 months ago!! Just in the knick of time to welcome our little boy into the world. I dreaded doing them forever because I thought they were a lot harder than they actually were to sew and because I had zero space to sew or move. As soon as we moved into our new MANSION, I finally bit the bullet and started/finished them in like 2 days. Now they are happily waiting in the crib for our main man to make his grand appearance. One way or another, he'll be here on the 21st if he doesn't come out himself (I have to be induced that day since my doctor is getting induced the next day and she only lets me go one week after the due date). I was originally aiming for the 6th but now we're going camping on Friday/Saturday, so I'd be thrilled if he came the 8th. I'm starting to accept the fact that he's probably not coming early, despite my best efforts. The stairstepper doesn't seem to bother him anymore. He's happily kicking my ribs as long as he can. I'll enjoy my sleep while I can. It's probably a good thing too since I haven't even THOUGHT about packing our hospital bag yet. I'm still very much in denial. The second I pack that bag I feel like I have to admit that I have to give birth. Still terrified...

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

They look great! Can't wait to meet the little guy :)

brooke field said...

the turned out so cute!

Megan said...

I think these turned out so great! Way to go, I am so excited for your little man!

Melissa said...

Nice work! I so need to come down and see the new nursery in the new mansion. Maybe Friday? You around town then?

Emma said...

What the heck, you are so talented. Way to go! Good Luck this next little bit. I can't wait to see pics!

The Romney Family said...

The bumper pads look awesome! I was seriously so impressed when I saw them the other day. I'm still hoping little Sebas doesn't come till I get back, but it would be pretty awesome to have him on Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

Hi Claire, I don't think we have ever met, but I think you know Richard. Anyways, congratulations! The bumpers look amazing. I can't believe you made them. Also, we have that giraffe and love it!

Sara said...

And you said you couldn't sew! They look great! Can you email me your new address? I have something for baby boy and I'd like you to have it before he's born, which really could be any day now so pack your hospital bag!

The Romney Family said...

I believe you have something exciting to post... Get on it! :) haha Love you--so happy for you guys!

brooke field said...

ps: congrats on the new baby boy!! thanks for sending the photo, but i ran out of texts so i could not reply :(