Thursday, November 4, 2010

Little lime update


SO, since so many people asked the same questions about the pregnancy, I'll just give you all a little update. First of all, as you can see from the little baby ticker, I'm 12.5 weeks along and the baby is doing GREAT. We had an ultrasound and saw the little bean and HER blinking heartbeat and heard HER heartbeat again last week. I'm starting to relax about it and feel confident that everything will work out this time. Freaking out is not going to help I decided.

Secondly, I've been DEATHLY sick since week 6 on the dot. Hello 24-hour nausea and barfing. Whoever said it was "morning" sickness lied. I took off like 2 weeks straight from work because I literally couldn't get out of bed/stop throwing up/ sit up straight without losing breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For Conference weekend, we went over to Melissa and Brandon's house and I threw up all over our car as David drove down the freeway. That's after he already pulled over 3 times for me to stop and do my business. Needless to say, I don't get in the car now unless I absolutely need to. Basically the couch is my new BFF except for the 5 hours a day I'm forced to be a work.

I've had a few mental breakdowns from the nonstop nausea...poor David. Finally, at week ten I broke down and went to the doc for medication because I coudn't take it another second. She told me that the medication isn't risky and I was at way more risk from being hospitalized for dehydration. The whole appointment was so embarrassing because I literally bawled my eyes out the entire time. She just kept handing me more and more kleenex and I just keep crying. I was so embarrassed but thrilled when she let me get the miracle medication. She prescribed me 2 different kinds of meds--one that makes you really drowsy and one that doesn't. When I went to Walgreens to pick them up, I found out that the drowsy ones were covered by insurance and the nondrowsy ones weren't (and they cost $10 a PILL!!!) I tried the drowsy ones and they were awful. It knocked me out for 5-6 hours straight and then I couldn't wake up from this awful daze/hallucination. I haven't touched them again since. It scared me to death.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and try the other ones so I forked over $100 for 10 pills to see if they worked. I took one pill and within 15 minutes: VOILA I'm fixed. I have never felt so good. I only allowed myself to have one a day (during work hours) because of the extreme price. I was SO mad when I found out last week that Costco sells them for $1.00 each from my doctor. Why she failed to mention that in the first place make me SO mad. $250 BIG ONES down the drain and I could have only spent $30. Oh well, live and learn. Now that they're cheaper, I get 2 a day. :)

The baby is due May 15th and we get to find out if it's a GIRL or boy right before Christmas and are so excited. Im dying to have a girl but we'll be happy with just a healthy baby. I think David secretly wants a boy but he thinks baby girls are cuter too. I'm restraining myself from buying anything pink until we find out. I still don't feel good by any stretch of the imagination, but at least I can control the barfing to once a day or less. I eat the same things every single day because I HATE 99% of food. It's embarrassing to admit that I eat an entire bag of potato chips by myself every other day. I don't really care though because they are the ONLY thing that consistently tastes good and doesn't make me sick. Besides I've lost 4 lbs so I'm not worried about it anyhow. I can NOT wait until I feel good all the way. If I'm one of the 10% that's sick all 9 months, someone will die. Anyhow, that's what's been going on in my world lately.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Holy cow Claire! I had no idea you were so sick! I hope you get over the sickness soon. I've heard 2nd trimester is awesome, if your not one of the 10% that is... I can't wait to see you with a big pregnant belly! You will be such an awesome mom and I will cross my fingers for a girl for you! :) haha

Lindsey said...

Claire, sorry to hear you have been so sick. My friend gets that sick as well. I am glad the medicine is helping.

Can't wait for Bennett's little girl cousin to join him on his May 12th birthday!

Liz said...

So sorry you have been so sick! It is so hard to try to still function when you feel so lousy. Hopefully something else will start sounding edible to you. I could only drink blue Gatorade for a while - not even water - just blue Gatorade! And I don't even like it normally! Good luck and hang in there! I am sure it will get better!

The Romney Family said...

Sounds like you've been feeling great! I'm so glad. haha Ugh, just kidding. But HOORAY for cheaper pills--when did you find that out? I'm so glad you're not tossing $70 a week down the toilet anymore (along with everything else you're tossing down the toilet... haha). Ok, I really don't find your misery that funny, just hoping I can get some laughs out of you to help you feel better. And where would the two of us be if we couldn't laugh at our own misery? Wanna hear something REALLY random and funny to cheer you up? Yesterday, on my kitchen floor, I randomly found this piece of paper that I wrote years ago, just a list of a bunch of memories from our years of living together that I wanted to write a poem or song about for you. I have NO idea where it came from--it was seriously just there, on the floor, out of nowhere. I sort of think maybe it fell through the gaping hole in my ceiling. We never lived in SB 302, did we???? haha Anyway, it was the randomest thing ever and SO hilarious, I was peeing my pants reading through it. All about our different apartments and our nicknames for them (The Cave, The Nursing Home, etc.) It just made me smile. We sure had some good times. Speaking of good times, I have to head up to Target sometime this week and figured that since I'll be RIGHT near Tomassos, maybe we should make a little stop there... Wanna meet up again? :)

Sara said...

Jeepers! I think I would only have one kid if I got that sick. Unless I could take pills the whole time. Yay for modern medicine! I can't wait to find out what you're having.

Kent and Krista Stevenson said...

I am really happy for you claire! I am sorry you are sick though. I was super sick with my second pregnancy (I had a miscarriage the first) so I took it as a good sign that the baby was healthy and making me sick like it was supposed to be doing. I wanted a girl too, but now I have Christian and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would like a girl next though. I won't deny it! I don't know if I sent you an invite to our blog or not. If you want one just email me. lud05001@hotmail.com