Wednesday, February 25, 2009

a VERY happy birthday to AMY!!


There's our cute little Birthday GIRL now! Not many people can shave while they are driving.
Sorry if this post STINKS (no pun intended!) Amy! I just love you.
This post is contributed to Amy, my best friend. Amy is one SPECIAL girl...and I mean SPECIAL! As you can tell from some of these pictures, she is one fun person to be friends with. I feel priviledged every day to even know her, let alone to be friends with her. Amy and I were freshmen year roommates and have been the best of friends ever since. She is the sweetest and kindest person I know, and so considerate of others. One of my favorite things about her though is how much fun she is to be around and how much fun we have together. We can sit and talk for hours and hours about absolutely nothing and still feel like we haven't spent enough time together. I could tell a million and one stories about our birthday girl, but I will share just one of my favorite stories about Amy.
When Amy went on a study abroad to London Winter 2006 both of us were super sad and lonely because it was the first time that we had spent like 5 seconds away from eachother. So we decided to write one another emails every day, send letters all the time, gchat, and send back and forth funny pictures of what we were up to. One day, I logged online to my gmail account and found this gem waiting in my inbox! Apparently Amy had wanted to have curly hair in London but this is what she woke up to. She begged me desperately not to share this photo with anyone but I DIED laughing. I ended up emailing the photo to everyone I knew! I really don't think I have ever laughed so much from one photo. So, sorry Amy, but I'm going to share this photo one more time for your birthday. You know I only do it because I love you!! Hope you can forgive me one day!

haha still gets me EVERY time! lol

Here are some other note-worthy pictures of Amy...
Peanut and Piggy enjoying a nice afternoon nap
Just "hanging" around
Backpacking in Australia

Oh, WOW! Halloween time when we decided to go 80's-style. Gag me with a spoon
No true Amy post would be complete without a picture of her with her brother, Daniel, whom she adores

Her looking cute in London

Her being jealous that it's MY BIRTHDAY next!

Amy this Christmas right before the birth of her daugher, Kate. Not many people can look cute being 9 months pregnant, but Amy definitely managed to pull it off.
Amy, I hope you have a great birthday. Sorry about the pictures. Can't wait to see you later today! LOVE YOU Peanutty Pie!

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Loved the pictures...too funny.

Happy Birthday Amy!

The Romney Family said...

I'll KILL you.

The Romney Family said...

No, seriously. You're going to die.

The Romney Family said...

Did I mention I am going to MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP?

The Romney Family said...

lol Just kidding. You are too funny. Thanks for a very sweet post and fun birthday wishes--even though I know the only reason you put that post up was for the excuse to show lots of embarrassing pictures of me. I still appreciate it. :) And I am so glad you came down to celebrate with me! Thanks again for the AMAZING cake, which will be displayed on my blog shortly--and for the sweet, AWESOME presents (two of which I have already consumed--meaning the donuts, not the earrings!)

I love you lots. :) Thanks again, for everything--even for sharing such hideous pictures of me with the entire blogging world. I have never been so humiliated in my entire life.

The Romney Family said...

Looking back now, though...I kind of think my hair was sexy. Like, doesn't it just sort of have that something? You know, that crazy, windblown, kind of "I know I look GOOD, you don't have to tell me" sort of look?? I didn't think so back then, but now...well...I'm just sayin...

The Romney Family said...

haha SIKE But at least I looked hot for 80s night.

The Romney Family said...

And P.S. Ew. You still haven't done my tag.

Dave to Claire said...

Sorry Ames about the tag post. I really really want to do it but we no lonber get internet at home. I'll try to put the pic on a CD or something and bring it to work so that I can do it. Otherwise, i'Ll just pic a funny pic and post about that. Sound good? sorry about taking forever.

Sara said...

I love the 80s picture! And of course the curly hair one too.

Liz said...

So I am a little late on this post, but it just made my day. I will be sure to tell Amy how stunning she looked with her rockin' hairstyle! thanks for sharing Claire - that one really couldn't be kept secret for long!