Friday, February 27, 2009

Attempting to make a cake and Uno bowling

As you know from the previous post, Amy's birthday was on Wednesday, February 25th. We like to make eachother fun and somewhat unique birthday cakes the last few years. I spent a LOT of time online before her bday picking out that "perfect" cake to assemble before her big day. After much debate, I decided that a crocodile cake was just the thing for a 24th birthday. It looked easy enough to make from the step-by-step instructions provided online, but was much MUCH tricker to execute. Note to all those attempting cute and difficult cakes: Freeze the cake if it is cut before attempting frosting it! Although the cake somewhat resembled a crocodile, there is alot of room for improvement for next year. I think that I'm up to the challenge. :)


When I got home after a little birthday party for her, the Salt Lake gang went UNO bowling for dollar Wednesdays. Now Uno bowling is bowling using Uno cards (hence the name!) and you are only supposed to knock down as many pins as is the number on the card. If it's a skip card, you obviously have to SKIP to bowl; Reversal cards require you to either bowl with your opposite hand or bowl backwards, and Wilds allow the person after you to decide how many pins to knock down and what funny way you have to bowl. Oh man was it a blast! We decided that we liked the funny cards better so we added mostly wilds and skips to the deck. We had people bowling anywhere from "chicken" style to piggyback to robot or doing 10 twirls before bowling. It was SO much fun and so funny. Thank you new guy at my work for the suggestion! (I should probably learn his name at some point because by "new" I actually mean that he's worked here for like 3 months! ooops). Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the funny bowling other than these because our memory card was completely full.
Also, one last thing to mention...this is where I've been doing dishes lately because our stupid garbage disposal is out of commission. Luckily Brian, our manager, just fixed it so I can now use the sink like a NORMAL (loose term for me) person.
Before you judge me and think that the tub is dirty, I'll have you know that I cleaned it before and that it's just permanently stained like that.
Random pic of David showing proof that we found Hawaiian punch Slurpee (thanks Mo!) because no post would be complete without at least one picture of my handsome hubby

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

The cake is cute...and looks yummy.

The dishes in the bathtub are too funny. Hope you didn't catch any germs!

Sara said...

Dishes in the bathtub--I guess you guys are living the poor newlywed life afterall. The cake looks great! What is it with you Parkers (Melissa and Lindsey) and cute cake making? Not to exclude Autumn, but I don't know if she cake decorates or not.