Tuesday, May 11, 2010

94 degrees has never felt so good

Happy fake-me-out Springtime. So I officially hate Utah. I kid you not, we had freakin snow last week. That's right, I said SNOW! And now today (and yesterday) I wake up to gallons of rain falling. I have had about as much "April showers" as I can take, especially considering it's mid-May now. Anyhow, despite the crappy weather and lack of sunshine, David and I opened the pool here and have been swimming ourselves silly. Now not all of you out there may realize that the max temperature that a pool is allowed to legally be set at is 85 degrees (and trust me, we keep it set right at 85 because of the cold weather). Well, a few days ago the igniter for the pool broke so we had to replace it with a new shiny one and needless to say, the new one is apparently much more efficient then the 20 year old one so the old setting for 85 degress is apparently the new setting for 94+ degrees! We were happily playing the new Super Mario Bros game when one of the tenants tracked us down and said "Umm...the pool is like really warm....I mean super hot. It feels like the same temperature as the hot tub." Concerned, we raced down the stairs and take the temp of the pool and it turns out she was right. We measured it at 94 degrees and it was still going up. Taking full advantage of the now giant hot tub, we turned off the heater and jumped in. And let me just say 94 degrees has never felt so good! I told David to keep it at this temperature but apparently it's not safe or something lame like that. All I can say is that I'm glad that Mr. City Pool Inspector didn't decide to make an unwelcome visit. It's back down to 85 degrees and now it feels so cold.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Haha, that's awesome! I agree, regular pools are always freakishly cold! I would love me a 94 degree pool! Call me next time your pool breaks down like that again! haha MISS YOU!!!!

The Romney Family said...

Thank you for FINALLY posting, freakin A. (YOU know what I mean... haha) That's awesome about the pool. I don't know why these so-called "city inspectors" think they know what they're talking about. Supposedly you're not supposed to let hot tubs get hotter than 104, but 107 is just PERFECT, thank you very much. My fam always keeps ours set around there, and we're all just FINE, as you can see for yourself. Man, it's the weirdest thing though--every time I get in, I develop these weird red bumps all over my body. Kind of like heat rash or something. I dunno. Crazy. Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice swim in your giant illegal hot tub. Way to stick it to the man! Sure sounds fun. Wish I could have been there. :( I haven't gone swimming or hot tubbing ONCE since getting here. Good thing we're going to stay at my fam's place today so I can soak in a hot tub for like 12 hours straight till I'm cooked all the way through. Now THAT'S the kind of summer activity I know and love.