Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Annoying Habits

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about annoying habits and mannerisms that I have that I cant seem to convince myself to fix. For example, do any of you have the same problems?...
1-avoiding using the bathroom even when you REALLY have to go because you know that there is only a little bit of TP left on the roll and you REALLY REALLY don't want to have to change it, especially since whoever changes it seems to be forever stuck with the job. For whatever reason, who ever starts the roll always ends up ending the roll too because the TP companies apparently make the roll to work out like that. I always wait it out until David uses it unless I'm extremely desperate
2)Leaving the smallest amount of water left in the water filter because you also dont want to put new water in. And if your spouse/roommate conplains, you can always say "hey, there was water in it the last time I used it." No need to admit that there was only maybe a half a glasses worth in it. David's favorite is leaving an entire empty juics pitcher in the fridge. When I question him about it, he always informs me that he did it on purpose so that the next time he makes juice it will be cold. I can't tell if he's being serious or not.

3)Leaving a pile of shoes in the front room until you cant take it anymore. I've always had a problem putting my shoes away into their proper place in the shoe bin in my closet (As Autumn can attest to since she always put them grudgingly away for me because she couldnt stand it) and the problem is that I married someone who is almost identical to me. We both string our shoes everywhere until one of us gets to the breaking point and announces "Ok, the shoe limit in the living room has been met. 5 minute shoe clean-up NOW!"
4)Changing into PJs or sweatpants the SECOND you get home from work or wherever at night. Sometimes I swear I start unbuttoning my pants walking to the apartment so that I can get them off ASAP. I can NOT stand wearing jeans or pants or a skirt all day. I'm always a little sad when we decide to go somewhere at night because that means putting the said jeans back on. David can NOT understand why I change ever night. He always wears his clothes until bedtime....even on Sundays. Sundays is not even close to a jeans day option! I go to church and get outta the skirt as quickly as I can once we get home. I especially love my fuzzy black ones :)

5)Singing along with EVERY commercial I know the words to. My favorite ones include JG Wentworth's "I have a structured settlement and I need Cash now", Freecreditreport.com (which I was extremely disappointed in because they recently changed it), the San Diego commercial, and SNL's "Hubble Gotchu!" David used to laugh at me for doing it all the time, now he tries to out-sing me when they come on. "IT'S MY MONEY AND I NEED IT NOW!" haha

I know that I have many more than this, but these are a few that come to mind. How about you? What do you do that is annoying?

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm definitely a pajama girl myself and strip out of my jeans the second I get home too. But as for not refilling the water pitcher or getting new TP, not so much. I'm always bugged if Ryan leaves the roll empty!

Melissa said...

Ha, ha, ha! These are soooo funny! Some I didn't even know about. Living with someone can be so crazy sometimes--good and bad. I'm glad that David is mostly chill and just humorous. I'm with David though, wearing jeans all day is not uncomfortable. I usually feel chubbier and uglier in happy pants, so try to avoid those, except when someone rings the door in the morning! Ha, ha, ha!

The Romney Family said...

I have an annuity but I need cash NOW! CALL JG WENTWORTH--877 CASH NOW! haha Dude, that's like my favorite song. That, and the old laptop commercial song, "I am greeeeen today." I drive Nathan crazy singing those songs all the time. I even looked up the lyrics for the green song so I could memorize every single verse. ha We're such losers. How did we get husbands again???