Sunday, May 30, 2010

What did you do this weekend?

So, I have a little addiction and it's name is KSL classifieds. I spend hours a week on that precious gem of a website looking for little "projects" for me and David to work on. For example, I have been looking for the just-right dresser to buy on the cheap and then paint black. The right one fell into my lap on Friday so I borrowed Melissa's SUV and headed to Holladay before it could be snatched from underneath my grasp. It turned out to be just what I wanted and MORE. David and I sanded it down and primed it twice on Friday night (and let me just remind you that we didnt even get started on it until around 9:30 pm) and then painted it on Saturday--two coats black paint, one coat black spray paint, and finally a polyerthane sealent. It looks so BEAUTIFUL and is happily holding our clothes now in the bedroom. I can NOT wait to start painting the TV stand we bought awhile back on KSL and have been wanting to paint but it has been snowing/raining forever. I wonder what we'll find next!

I forgot to get a "before photo" but this is what it looked like after one coat of primer

This is what is now looks like sitting it it's new home. And my new table runner isnt bad either :)

This is our new beauty with my pretty mirror and a few little item on it

6 comments:

Valerie said...

very impressive! Nice work!

The Romney Family said...

Sounds like my latest hobby--except all the furniture I'm buying is mini! haha But that's funny because I'm seriously doing the exact same thing--find a steal of a deal on ebay, paint it up and find a perfect spot for it in the house (the dollhouse, that is...).

Melissa said...

What was the spray paint portion for? What does that do that the two coats of black paint didn't do? Looks swanky! Good work!

Cindy said...

Holy crap! That is awesome! NIce work!

Sara said...

Will you come to Alabama and do some projects for us? Both of us hate that kind of stuff and are horrible at it. Yours looks great!

Dave to Claire said...

Melissa-the spray paint was to even out the paint lines and make it more shiny.
Sara-I would LOVE to help you with any projects you have. I love refinishing furniture and projects like that.