Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween






Happy Haunting for the few bloggers still reading my boring blog. We had a GREAT halloween and went to a really fun party on Saturday night. It's always a blast getting into the spirit of things and dressing up. The last two years our costumes have been the bomb-diggity, if I don't say so myself. This year was not quite up to my usual standards but I did sew them myself (for the most part) so I still feel as cool. It's always interesting when people ask me what I do for a living now and I say that I sew competitive swimsuits. But I LOVE it and is has greatly improved my other sewing skills. For my costume, I had to sew my first shirt and now I shall be attempting some other projects that I've had in mind the last couple years but was too scared to try. Let me just say, the only reason I'm sewing at all is because I have the RIGHT equipment. You may think you're cool and all because you have a domestic sewing machine like a chump. I used to think that too because I have, what I like to call, a "civilian" machine and a serger as well. However, now I have access to the real deal--6 commercial machines that kick your domestic machine's butts. The difference between the machines is unreal. It's like the difference between Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and the Walmart nasty cheese brand. YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE. Anyhow, that's enough nerdy sewing talk. Here are some pics because that's all you want anyways.

6 comments:

brooke field said...

You're "sew" crafty!

Manders said...

Mrs. Pelton would be so proud. Remember all the stuffed animals, pjs, and pillows we tried to sew?!?

The Romney Family said...

Happy Halloween!!! So sad it's over. My black nail polish is chipping and I have no more excuses to eat mass amounts of candy! Lame. Well, I guess I can survive a few weeks till Thanksgiving. Love the costumes--still can't believe you're a legit "sewer". ha Too cool.

Anyway, it was so good to talk to you yesterday. I miss you.

Melissa said...

Love these costumes! Sebastian is the cutest pea I've ever seen. So fun. Miss you.

Megan said...

love your costumes! such a good idea! I want to hear more about your new sewing career.

Sara said...

I always look forward to seeing your Halloween costumes. They look great! And of course Sebastian is a darling pea. The makeup picture of him is pretty cute too...