Monday, January 26, 2009

Dollar Bowling


Okay, so when did bowling get so expensive? I was outraged the first time David and I went bowling with friends and it costs us $21 for just two games a piece! "21 freakin' dollars!?," I replied to the maybe 15 year old teenager working the cash register. I know that it's not her fault, but seriously $21?? Although it was a full-filled evening, I vowed to never go bowling again or pay that price for what should be cheap entertainment. Hey, we're on a budget now...well sort of! Luckily, the bowling alley we always go to started "Dollar Bowling" every Wednesday nights, for just $1 a game. Let's not mention that you end up paying for shoes too so it actually ends up costing you like $3-$4, but still much MUCH cheaper. David, Jewel, and I started the "Dollar Bowling" club on facebook and have been meaning to go every Wednesday, but haven't actually gone since we formed the group, until this last week. We had so much fun. The only complaint I have now is that there isn't cosmic bowling during dollar bowling, which let's just face it, makes bowling so much for enjoyable. Oh well, at least we're back to a reasonable price for bowling. And guess what? I almost bowled a 100 this time. Boy am I getting good! David always does much better than me...and has a special "dance" to prove it!
(David's "sexy victory dance")
Balls anyone?
Hurray Elizabeth!
Gettin' their fish face on
No bones about it, bowling is fun!

No comments: