Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend


(David sick on the couch--doesn't he look miserable?!)

David and I had a fabulous 4 day weekend. David was deathly "sick" as you will be able to tell in the following photos, so he took off work both Friday and Monday (stupid Wells Fargo took yet another holiday this year). We had been wanting to venture up to Lava hot springs for some time now because David loved it when he went last year, and I've never been. A bunch of our friends were supposed to go along for the adventure, but Jewel was the only one who came through. Oh well, their loss because it was super fun!


(Jewel happily sleeping in the back seat)

On Sunday, we had Melissa and Brandon over for grilled cheese sandwhiches (David's specialty...actual his Jambalaya is MUCH better!) and homemade ice cream--minus the homemade ice cream because we forgot that the dang machine needs a full 24 hours of freezing time to make thick ice cream), which was nice and fun to see them again. We finally have a dresser in our room now too, so I no longer have to live out of suitcases! Later, we played our new game called "Loaded Questions" with friends. P.S. that game is so much fun!
On Monday, we went to Provo to wander around the University Mall and had lunch at CPK, where we ordered the Avocado egg rolls and a small pizza to share. Those dang egg rolls are so addicting! Later that night, we went ice skating with friends from our old ward. I was a little hesitant to go ice skating because I had only been once before, and that time I went I left the rink with swollen, bloody ankles. Therefore, I wasn't too enthusiastic when ice skating was mentioned, but I was wrong because it was tons o'fun. And David only made me fall down once! :)It was such a nice day.







Now I'm stuck back at work for the rest of the week, which is lame. I love holidays and when David stays home "sick" with me! :)

4 comments:

The Romney Family said...

You are in trouble. I emailed you to get your address, you don't write back, and then I stumble upon your secret blog. Well the cat's out of the bag. And I still need your address.
-Liz

The Romney Family said...

P.S. This is Amy now and what the heck--you wait till I'm 2000 miles away to come hang out all the way down in Provo?!

Melissa said...

You've been hiding from me lately! Glad you had fun on Monday, even if you didn't get your freezer! ;)

Dave to Claire said...

So sorry Liz! I wasnt really keeping it a big secret I just didnt want to broadcast it to the world, in case it ends up lame like my last blog! Please forgive me, and add me to you list! :)